Sunday, January 5, 2014

Is That a Pepper in Your Pocket or Are You Just Happy to See Me?

The Fiancee and I recently had a night out, we went to as restaurant that specializes in spicy food...some of it is crazy hot. Which is good with us, we don't mind a little kick to our food. We are not eating ghost peppers or anything but we don't mind our food to be a little sassy.

One of my favorite spice blends is Caribbean Jerk...at least it was until the other night. 

After two bites my mouth was burning.

Half way through the meal my eyes were watering.

By the last bite my cheeks were flushed and my mouth was on fire.

At first I thought it was because they make their Caribbean Jerk spices hotter than normal but The Fiancee took a bite and didn't think it was hot as I did.

Then I thought the reason it burned my mouth was because I am getting older and strange things happen when you are getting older. 

Some times your knees creak when you get up, and your hair isn't as thick as it use to be and for me I guess I can't eat spicy foods like I did when I was younger. 

I have two options; I can either stock up on cottage cheese or I can just suffer the side effects and eat spicy foods.

I love spicy foods and I hate cottage cheese....spicy foods it is.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...