Saturday, October 26, 2013

Breakfast on the Go

I am not a morning person. I am the type to hit snooze three or four times before dragging my butt out of bed, which means I am always in a hurry to get out the door. The BF gets up when his alarm goes off the first time, gets ready and goes...of course its 4 in the morning when he gets up. So breakfast in our house is usually a grab and go affair.

So I am always trying to find a new prepare in advance breakfast for the two of us that isn't full of sugar and is moderately good for us.

With that in mind I was searching through my recipes and came across a hand written recipe that I have no idea where it came from but its in my hand writing so I decided to do a little baking and try the recipe...after all I had all the ingredients in my pantry.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins  
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoon ground flax seed 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon, clove and nutmeg*
  • 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 medium overripe bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups skim milk
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder, flax seed, salt, and cinnamon, clove and nutmeg*
  2. Add the mixed dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir. In a separate bowl, smash bananas and mix in peanut butter and eggs. Then add brown sugar and milk. Stir until well blended.
  3. Fill greased or lined muffin pan with batter, these are not cupcakes you can fill them to the top.
  4. Bake 18 minutes at 375 degrees
  5. Let muffins cool completely. Place 2 in a freezer bag and freeze. Take out a bag the night before and you have breakfast for two.
Makes 24 Muffins

*This is a little less precises then most baking but I just took a teaspoon and dumped some cinnamon, clove and nutmeg until the teaspoon was filled. Then I repeated the process with the second teaspoon. A little odd I know but this way you can add more of the flavor you like and you get to feel all rebellious while baking.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...